The Lone Fortress
*** Defending Truth from Conventional Wisdom ***


Thursday, October 21, 2004
 
Out of Touch
The ever-patronizing Mrs. Kerry let slip that she doesn't believe that being a stay-at-home mom is a real job.

One of Hugh Hewitt's readers has an appropriate retort:
Just because a housewife doesn't earn a salary doesn't mean her occupation has no value. To the contrary: ultimately, there is no salary because a price can't be placed on the service it provides her family, her community, and beyond. I'm a housewife because I see the need to be one in order for my family to function in the most efficient and effective way possible. Trust me, I'm not attempting to romanticize what I do or to make it sound noble. Heh, those would be the last descriptions I would use when referring to a housewife...except for, perhaps, one other: "It's not a real job."

And now I have to go make dinner. FYI, Teresa, that's one of the duties of a typical housewife. And it's the third meal your servants feed you and your family each day.
Irony: Teresa inherited her billions from her late husband! Does she even know what a job is?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger