The Lone Fortress
*** Defending Truth from Conventional Wisdom ***


Thursday, July 29, 2004
 
Candidates' Position Quiz
Which presidential candidate said the following?
I think we ought to put the heat on Saddam Hussein. I’ve said that for a number of years, Bill. I criticized the Clinton administration for backing off of the inspections when Ambassador Butler was giving us strong evidence that we needed to continue. I think we need to put the pressure on no matter what the evidence is about September 11....
And
September 11th. I mean, that’s changed the dynamic of this country and - and, I think, people’s perceptions of what people are willing to do....

I think there is a disconnect between the depth of the threat that Saddam Hussein presents to the world and what we are at the moment talking about doing. ... [T]hen we have to be prepared to go the full distance, which is to do everything possible to disrupt his regime and to encourage the forces of democracy....

[H]e can rebuild both chemical and biological. And every indication is, because of his deception and duplicity in the past, he will seek to do that. So we will not eliminate the problem for ourselves or for the rest of the world with a bombing attack....

[I] believe he is the kind of threat that has been described. I believe that in the post-Cold War period this issue of proliferation, particularly in the hands of Saddam Hussein, is critical. It has implications for a Qaddafi, for a Sudan, for other countries in the world in the future....

I believe that he has used these weapons before. He has invaded another country. He views himself as a modern-day Nebuchadnezzar. He wants to continue to play the uniting critical role in that part of the world. And I think we have to stand up to that.


Answer: John Kerry!  In fact, John Kerry said
I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq...
What you don't believe me? Watch the video!
(RealPlayer here. Full post here. Hat Tip: Instapundit)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger